VINO&VINO company in liaison with the British wine school WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) organizes a learning course in the field of wines and spirits.
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the largest global provider of wine, spirits and sake qualifications. Trusted by the world’s most recognised drinks organisations, WSET has led the design and delivery of wine and spirit education for five decades. With four progressive levels of study offered through a network of course providers in more than 70 countries and translated into multiple languages, WSET qualifications inspire and empower drinks professionals and enthusiasts.
WSET Level 2: Award in Wines and Spirits
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts. For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labeling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
What you'll learn:
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
The program meets the requirements of the International Sommelier Association (A.S.I. – Association de la Sommellerie Internationale).
This qualification has 33 hours of study time, including 21 hours of classroom with a WSET course provider.
Available to study in Russian language only.
For more information and full details on the course requirements, please download the Specification below: in English or in Russian.
The WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits will be assessed by a closed-book examination paper set by WSET® Awards, comprising 50 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in one hour. All examination questions are based on the published learning outcome and elements and the recommended study materials contain the information required to answer these questions. A candidate will be required to pass with a minimum mark of 55 per cent. WSET® Awards does not offer aegrotat awards; all assessment requirements of the qualification must be met. This qualification is regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
Lecturer in wines and spirits at WSET - Mr. Arunas Starkus:
- Founder of Lithuanian Sommelier Association and President 2007-2016
- Member of the ASI (International Sommelier Association) Education Committee
- Study director and lecturer at Lithuanian Sommelier School, Vino&Vino wine school, WSET program provider 2 level in Russian and 3 level in English
- Studying in the Institute of Masters of Wine
- Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of wine journal „Vyno zurnalas“
- Wine in Moderation - national coordinator for Lithuania
- Organizer of Vyno Dienos - Lithuanian wine exhibition
- Owner of Vyno Klubas - wine retail and distribution in Lithuania
Our address: Armenia, Yereven, 28/1 Paronyan str., VINO&VINO office
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information:
+374 10 500028
+374 41 500028