VINO&VINO company in liaison with British wine school WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) organises a learning course in the field of wines and spirits.
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the largest global provider of wine, spirits and sake qualifications. Trusted by the world’s most recognised drinks organisations, WSET has led the design and delivery of wine and spirit education for five decades. With four progressive levels of study offered through a network of course providers in more than 70 countries and translated into multiple languages, WSET qualifications inspire and empower drinks professionals and enthusiasts.
WSET Level 2: Award in Wines and Spirits
Provide an internationally recognised qualification for Professionals starting in the Wine industry. Offer increased product knowledge to enthusiastic amateurs who wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
Who is it aimed at?
Oenologists, winegrowers, sommeliers, wine shop staff and managers, technical wine people, those working in sales, marketing or export, enthusiastic wine lovers.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. You must be of legal drinking age in the country where you are attending the course to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Key learning outcomes:
At the end of the course the student should be able to :
- display an understanding of the influences on style, quality, and price of wines
- understand basic label terminology
- name the important grape varieties and describe their character and style of wines produced
- identify the key countries and regions for the production of wine
- identify the main categories of spirits and the main styles available
- produce basic descriptions of wines using the Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting
- give basic advice on storage, service of wine and food and wine matching
- understand the importance of alcohol in moderation
The program meets the requirements of the International Sommelier Association (A.S.I. – Association de la Sommellerie Internationale).
This qualification has 33 hours of study time, including 21 hours of classroom with a WSET course provider.
Available to study in Russian language only.
The WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits will be assessed by a closed-book examination paper set by WSET® Awards, comprising 50 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in one hour. All examination questions are based on the published learning outcome and elements and the recommended study materials contain the information required to answer these questions. A candidate will be required to pass with a minimum mark of 55 percent. WSET® Awards does not offer aegrotat awards; all assessment requirements of the qualification must be met.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
Who will be running the course?
The course is run by Mr. Arunas Starkus:
- Founder of Lithuanian Sommelier Association and President 2007-2016
- Member of the ASI (International Sommelier Association) Education Committee
- Study director and lecturer at Lithuanian Sommelier School, Vino&Vino wine school,
- WSET program provider Level 2 in Russian and Level 3 in English
- Studying in the Institute of Masters of Wine
- Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of wine journal „Vyno zurnalas“
- Wine in Moderation - national coordinator for Lithuania
- Organizer of Vyno Dienos - Lithuanian wine exhibition
- Owner of Vyno Klubas - wine retail and distribution in Lithuania
Dates: 7-9 November 2019
Venue: IBIS Yerevan Center hotel, 5/1 Northern Ave.
Time: 10:00 - 18:00
Cost per person: 250 000 AMD
Bookings to be paid in full by 11 October 2019
What is included in the course fee?
Samples (more than 40 wines tasted), tuition, textbook, study guide, examination and coffee/tea breaks.
Our address: Armenia, Yerevan, 28/1 Paronyan str., VINO&VINO office
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information:
+374 10 500028
+374 41 500028