+ 374 10 50 00 28
En Am
...show more show less
Filters
Filter by
Selected filters
Colour (wine)
Sweetness (wine)
Country (wine)
Region (wine)
Appellation (wine)
Grape varieties (wine)
Volume (wine)
Price range

GAJA

Gaja is one of the stars of the world wine scene, a producer that is widely credited with transforming not just the image and international reputation of its native Piedmont region, but of Italy as a whole. It has had a significant impact on the way that Italian wine is grown, made, priced, distributed and marketed. Gaja is one of a handful of fine wine brands that can compete with and charge the same prices as the top names of Burgundy and Bordeaux.
​The Gaja Winery was founded by Giovanni Gaja in 1859 and has been owned and operated by five generations of the Gaja family. Giovanni Gaja was the great-grandfather of Angelo Gaja, the winery's current owner. In 1996 Gaja acquired a second property in Tuscany, Ca'Marcanda, located in the famed Bolgheri district in the commune of Castagneto Carducci. The name Ca’ Marcanda is a contraction of the word ca’ (casa), meaning “house”, and marcanda, meaning “long negotiations”. This stems from the 18 arduous meetings it took Angelo to convince the previous owners to sell their property. Today Ca’ Marcanda owns 118 hectares (292 acres), 80 % of which is in Bolgheri; the other 20 % is in Livorno. As in the native Piedmont, Angelo Gaja's goal is to produce wines that are true to their origins, reflecting the distinctive qualities of their unique terroir. Buy Italian wines Gaja at VINO&VINO wine store and enjoy free delivery in Yerevan.